Wednesday 7 March 2012

Today's Favorites - Bespoke Balmoral Boots


One of the most exciting things in the world for me (literally), is seeing the outcome of designing an existing shoe style in a new way, and it coming out wonderfully. That is the case for this balmoral boot presented here. Designed (having made the pattern) by my friend, who is just as crazy about shoes as I am, yet most likely much more knowledgeable, and made by a freelance maker, produced the outcome of this very appealing new way to create a balmoral boot. Everything to the ribbed (cushioned) top line, to the facing piece meeting the balmoral brogued line, and the way that the upper heel area is stitch free, are all things that I have yet to see in a boot. Even the medallion, albeit derived from the base of most medallions, is very unique and pleasing. That detail alone, I actually appreciate a lot, because having done one myself (with a bit of help and influence) know just how hard it is to create something new, that looks good too.

As most of you know, I am crazy for balmoral boots, so having the pleasure of seeing this and putting it up on the blog to share with all of you, gives me great pleasure. I must say though, that the gentleman who put the shoe together wishes to remain anonymous, so I would appreciate it if no one emailed me asking me who that was. Thank you for your understanding. I hope that you have enjoyed seeing this design as much as I have...

-Justin, "The Shoe Snob"








No comments :

Post a Comment