Wednesday 1 December 2010

My Shoes #8 - Ferragamo Tassel Loafers


I used to hate tasseled loafers when I was younger and mainly because the only one's that I knew about were those classic American looking one's that are worn by super prepsters and men over 50 (think Cole Haan pinch tassel) . But a nice European version of a tasseled loafer is quite a great option when one wants to dress up his jean-inspired outfit. My pair here, by Ferragamo's Tramezza line, is a classic example of traditional tasseled loafer with a little bit of European flair. I love to pair these with my dark denim jeans (as shown here) and I especially start incorporating them more into my weekly rotations once the fall/winter seasons begin to creep up as the dark suede fits the general feel of gloomy weather. I know that tasseled loafers aren't for everyone, considering that they are a bit of an acquired taste, but if you find yourself eye-balling a pair that are not those horrible classic American looking one's, take a chance and most likely you won't regret it after you see just how many things they are able to go with in your wardrobe.

 

No comments :

Post a Comment