Sunday 3 July 2011

Shoes Of The Week - Crocodile Loafers By Bestetti


Using crocodile (or alligator) on a pair of shoes, is most likely one of those things that you either love or absolutely hate. I have always had a mixed feeling, where on some shoes I think it looks atrocious, and on others, I could not see it done better. This loafer, by Bestetti, would fall into the latter category. I do find crocodile to be on the ostentatious side of the leather spectrum, so do find it quite appealing when a shoemaker is able to tame it down, by pairing it with a fairly conservative style, such as this tassel loafer. And while I do believe that this style of loafer, would look good with any type of leather, due to the beauty of it's shape and proportions, it is suited quite well with this particular skin. The only problem with crocodile and alligator, is that they are so damn expensive, thus not allowing for the average man to be able to afford it, even if he wanted to. This then resorts to people buying faux croc, which to me is the most atrocious thing that could possibly be added to a shoe. So, while I appreciate seeing a beautiful crocodile shoe, such as this one, it pains me at the same time, knowing that it might be a good while before I can see one gracing my feet....

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!!

-- Justin, "The Shoe Snob"




No comments :

Post a Comment