Tuesday 5 July 2011

Today's Favorites - Crockett & Jones

When I first saw all of these pictures, I could not believe my eyes! Not because Crockett & Jones does not make nice shoes, but they are usually on the relatively conservative side. If you walk by their shop in the Burlington Arcade in London, you will see a bombardment of black, brown and tan, with a small hint of burgundy somewhere in the trenches, but NEVER have I seen green chelsea boots and blue saddle shoes. It makes me wonder if these, like some of G&G's factory shoes, are for another market, such as Japan and the Far East?  Nevertheless, I was very impressed when I saw them, and I think that I gave C&J a couple of extra points in my book of cool shoe brands. The shame is that I will probably never see these in the flesh, as I truly believe that they will not hit the UK (nor US for that matter) market. And because of that, I still think that when I go to Japan for the first time, it's going to be like a kid going to Disneyland, with shoes everywhere in blue's, green's, red's etc.





No comments :

Post a Comment