Saturday 14 May 2011

Shoes Of The Week - Corthay


You can never go wrong with a simple and beautiful burgundy shoe. And while this statement, in my mind, rings truer than true, it is still strange to me the lack of burgundy shoes that you will notice on the shelves of shoe stores/departments. It's funny too, because the most simple design, which could be construed as boring, can also be the most elegant and beautiful, when it comes to a burgundy shoe. With black shoes, I prefer something a little more unique and different, maybe to separate the black from itself, if you know what I mean, so it is not just one continuation. But with a burgundy shoe, like this model here by Corthay, simpler is better. And in all honesty, I am not a huge fan of cap toes, but this model is amazing and I would wear it/buy it in a heartbeat. Imagine it with a navy or medium gray suit. Those combinations, to me, make more sense than paring them with a set of brown shoes, but where can you find a beautiful burgundy shoe under $800? I promise you that on my first collection, my burgundy wholecuts (pictured left) will be available for all of the burgundy lovers out there!!

Pictures Provided By: Leffot

No comments :

Post a Comment