Friday 27 May 2011

Shoes Of The Week - Laszlo Vass


I know that you hear this all of the time from me, but I have really been in the mood for a pair of double monks, as I do not have a pair. Those and some loafers!! This pair here by Laszlo Vass is simply stunning. The color is unique and delightful, the monk strap (the actual part) is just the right design, and the buckles are subtle and simple. What more could you ask for? Maybe a slimmer sole? Naw, that's the way Vass likes it and to be honest, that's what I like about them. I love how they will create this super sleek shoe, in terms of last shape, yet then add a pretty beefy sole, but not too big like some Norwegian construction, just big enough. It's a look that you don't see often but certainly draws attention to the eye, as it is like a paradox, in a sense. But because of that, when you see someone wearing a Vass shoe, you know immediately that it is one. That's clever branding for ya!!

If you happen to love this shoe like me and want to find it, it can be purchased at: Zimmerman & Kim

The owner, Reto, is a lovely fellow and speaks great English so just send him an email if you are interested!

Have a great weekend everyone!

-Justin, "The Shoe Snob"

No comments :

Post a Comment