Sunday 23 January 2011

Interesting Shoes - Close But No Cigar


When you try too hard, the end result usually does not come out quite right. For me, this Giuliano Fujiwara shoe represents just that. I mean, the upper paired with the Norwegian stitching was absolutely amazing, but then he had to completely ruin it by adding some chunky-ass, Red Wing looking sole. Maybe I missed the memo, but to me smart shoes just don't go great with 2-inch (5 cm) platform, white-cushioned soles!! Had this had a normal leather or even rubber type of dress sole, it might have been ranked No.1 in my top shoes of 2011. It was even pebble-grain leather!! How cool is that: BLUE....PEBBLE-GRAIN.......LEATHER!!! It's tough, but I can at least thank Mr. Fujiwara for the idea of the upper. Colored pebble-grain will now be something I look to make. CLOSE.....BUT.....NO CIGAR!!!

Picture Courtesy Of: The Shoe Buff

No comments :

Post a Comment