Tuesday 18 January 2011

Today's Favorites - Rider Boot Co. Sketches





Looking at these, makes me feel bad about my sketches. Not that I couldn't draw something this well. I am sure that I could (well, almost as good) if I actually put my mind to it, but I just don't think that I have the patience. My simple sketches take me long enough. Drawings like these would take me like 4-5 hours, minimum. But I cannot deny that they are absolutely amazing! If you go to the website, you will see how the shoes look IDENTICAL to the drawing, that's impressive! I have always been curious about how companies translate idea to final product and whether or not it is done by sketches or has been taken over by computer imagery. Finding these images gave me a breath of relief to know that some still do it the manual way of free-hand sketching. While computers make amazing imagery and graphics and have paved the way for many industries, sometimes things done the old-fashioned still have the one-up in the wow-factor! Drawings of shoes, for me, is one of them!

Pictures Courtesy Of: Rider Boot Co.

No comments :

Post a Comment