Sunday 30 January 2011

My Shoes #13 & #14 - Converse Chuck Taylor's


Considering that I missed last week of taking pics of myself to show the world my shoes, I figured that I would give you all a double-whammy this week.

An all-American classic, the Chuck Taylor All-Star by Converse is probably the most recognized shoe in the world and rightfully so. I wish that I had statistics for how many people own a pair of these. In the States, I would be confident saying that 75% of all men have a pair, especially since their history goes back to the early 1900's. And due to that history, you will find that not only is their popularity ever-increasing with my generation and the one after mine, but is also a staple piece for the people of the generations before. Their extensive presence in the basketball and grunge/rock industries have helped to solidify the power of their stability in the shoe industry.

So for this week, I figured that I would show you two of the four (or five) color variations that I own. And while you can probably find a Chuck Taylor in every color ever created, I tend to stick with the relatively common colors such as gray, black, and navy. It's just such a great shoe to wear casually and because of it's relatively sleek and low profile, it looks good with many things.

No comments :

Post a Comment