Wednesday 9 March 2011

My Shoes #17 - My 1st Bespoke (Handmade) Pair


Considering, that it's now been over a year since I have been blogging, I figured it was about time that I buy myself a camera and stop stealing my wife's to take photos of myself. It actually works out great now, because I can just take pictures of my outfits for when I go to work and not have to lug around this great big camera that my wife enjoys taking 'professional' like pictures with. Now I have my slim, small, quick and easy camera to do all of my dirty work for the blog. That being, here is my first picture (below) taken with my new camera and my first pair of shoes that I made for myself. 

You will noticed that in the title, I parenthesized the word 'handmade' because, in reality, these shoes were not bespoke, as the last that I used was not to my exact sizing. For my first pair, Stefano just gave me a 'rejected' upper and allowed me to use some last that looked as if it was around my foot size. Luckily it was, especially since I was making this lovely Prince Albert style slipper, which is hard to fit if you don't get the size just right. The only issue is that it is just slightly wide, as I have a narrow foot, and I have to work to keep it from slipping. But since I don't wear it often, it doesn't bother me so much.The best thing about these Prince Albert style slipper shoes, is the fact that you get to be bold with your socks to add a little bit of fun to your outfit!


No comments :

Post a Comment