Sunday 27 March 2011

Today's Favorites - Scarpe Di Bianco Loafers


While I own a bunch of loafers already, I recently am quite obsessed with the idea of more traditional looking loafers, and owning them. Not that these models are necessarily traditional, but they offer that 'classic with a modern look' feel, as well as offering nice shapes, colors and designs. Having never seen Scarpe Di Bianco in person, due to their newness in the industry, I am quite curious of them. From looking at them, they seem to be your run-of-the-mill high-end Italian makers, offering a black-stitched or goodyear welted sole, with some good quality upper leather. This makes me quite curious of the price though, which I assume will probably be in the $600-$800's. Don't quote me on that, but hearing that they are ex-Sutor Mantellassi gents who started it, I would imagine that they came into the industry at a lower price (to maybe low-ball Sutor which will set you back $900+). Regardless, their look is very Italian, which on some shoes is great, but others is not. For these loafers, I quite like the 'Italianess' of them though, as I believe that Italian gentleman have mastered the art of the loafer.




















No comments :

Post a Comment