Saturday 5 March 2011

Random Thoughts

For my 201st post since my beginning as The Shoe Snob, I wanted to reflect on how it came to be that I am here writing this and how it has evolved since the beginning. It's funny to think about being young and thinking about what you might become when you get older but let me tell you, it almost never turns in to the way you planned it. I never thought that I would be living in Europe, specifically England, working on Savile Row, being married to an Italian woman (from Italy), and most of all, writing a blog. I remember when the word blog first came around, I think that it might have been during my early years at university, and I always thought to myself, 'what the hell is a blog?'

But here I am now, writing on my blog as we speak, doing all of these things that I never thought I would do and ultimately having fun living this crazy adventure called 'life.' All that I can say is that I am truly happy that I started this blog. In the beginning, I started it for 2 reasons: to gain customers before I launched a shoe line and to voice my opinion on things that I found beautiful and atrocious within the shoe industry. But it has become so much more than that now. I get a chance to help people who have questions and may not know how to find an answer, a chance to inspire individuals who may have dreams similar to mine or any dreams for that matter, a chance to show the world the beautiful shoes that may be hard to find and ultimately a chance to share, as well as learn. And, like always, I have to thank my readers, all of you, for without my readers, I would have lost inspiration. But knowing that there are people who look to see what I post next and who personally write me for answers to their questions, I can go on knowing that I am helping, inspiring, and ultimately providing visual pleasure for the shoe fans of the world!

Thanks to my readers,

The Shoe Snob

It would not be a post without a picture of some shoes: Shoes by Magnanni

No comments :

Post a Comment