Sunday 20 March 2011

Shoes Of The Week - Septieme Largeur





I have really gotten into penny loafers lately, and have been desperately wanting to get a 'classic' pair. But the only problem is that I am extremely picky when it comes to the right penny loafer and having a shape that is dead-on to what I like. I am definitely not a fan of the old-school models of penny loafers, such as the classic Bass Weejun or Cole Haan Pinch Penny, those to me should be abolished or strictly used as part of the uniform dressing at preppy ivy-league schools in the States. They are just so outdated to me. This pair, on the other hand, is exactly what I like and want! It has all of the perfect qualities: it's classic looking, elongated in just the right amount, tapered, and has not only a unique tongue but a different shaped 'penny' slit. For those that have not caught on from prior posts, Septieme Largeur, is a sub-brand of Markowski, specialized in shoes that have a hand-finished patina. And what is great about there model here, is that it would look good with the right suit, but also go great with a nice pair of jeans. It's elongated, tapered look gives it an elegance that allows you to dress it up, but also dress it down, assuming that you pair it with the proper pieces! Versatility is key!

No comments :

Post a Comment